Friday, February 9, 2018

How To Shop At Pick 'N Save: Check Out This Promotion Break Down & Use It As A Basis For Future Trips!

Maximize Your Savings At Pick 'N Save By Combining Their 

In-Store Promotions With Double Coupon Days.

Learn how I only spent $1.24 on these personal care products and stocking up on chicken for half the price - all at the same time!
When I initially did this trip it was meant to showcase a possible trip you could copy and do yourself. After spending quite a bit of time breaking down my trip I decided to use it as a teaching example. I have seen and used instant saving promotions at Pick 'N Save many times in the past so I decided that this would be a great learning experience and post that I can refer others to the next time something like this is advertised. 

Before I get to ahead of myself, I would like to have you click to take a look at the post that explains the promotion I'm breaking down. You can also refer to the "How To Shop Pick 'N Save" page at DollarStretched.com 

There are two promotions I'm utilizing to max my savings. You will notice these promotions (or something very similar) as you continue to learn how to shop at Pick 'N Save - the variant being the selected products and brands. In this particular case this is what I am working with:
  1. Save $5 instantly when you spend $15 or more on select Unilever Products (example being Dove, Suave, Axe, ect)
  2. Buy 1 Get 1 Free Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breasts.
 Every Wednesday and Saturday are double coupon days. You can double up to (5) coupons that are $1 or less in value. As long as they are used properly you can continue to use other coupons regardless of the value. Your transaction must reach a $25 threshold AFTER all store coupons, sale prices, and promotions are applied but BEFORE manufacture coupons are applied in order to double your coupons. 
Let's take a look at the two promos I am working with before adding in coupons. Then I will show you the break down of adding in the coupons and seeing how much more you can save.
 

PROMO #1
Save $5 instantly when you purchase $15 of select Unilever products - such as Dove, Tresemme, Suave, and more. You only have to reach the $15 threshold after store sales.

Purchased:
  • Dove Men Body Wash 13.5oz on sale for $3.99 (reg price $4.79)
  • (2) Suave 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner 12.6oz priced at $1.99 each, total of $3.98
  • (2) Suave body washes 15oz priced at $1.88 each, total of $3.78
  • Dove Advanced Care Deodorant 2.6oz on sale for $4.99 (reg price $5.99)
Total Retail Value Before Sale Price: $18.54
Total After In Store Sale Price Is Applied: $16.74
Total After $5 Instant Savings Is Applied: $11.74



PROMO #2
Boneless & Skinless chicken breast on sale: BUY 1 GET 1 FREE
Purchased a total of 4 packages of the chicken:
  • (1) priced at $7.90
  • (1) priced at $7.63 and rang up FREE
  • (1) priced at $7.59
  • (1) priced at $7.00

 
Total Retail Value: $30.12
Total Price After BOGO Promo Is Applied: $15.49 

Before we move on to the coupons I utilized, let's do a quick recap of where we are at so far. We need to add the total "after promotion" prices together to make sure we are at $25 or more.
  • Instant $5 Savings Promo: $11.74
  • BOGO Free Promo: $15.49
The current total is $27.23 before I add in my coupons
I am going to breakdown price and coupons for the items included in promotion #1 as well as which coupons doubled and to how much. I think it's quite important for everyone to see the final price for each item, I also encourage y'all to do the same when you are planning a trip that involves doubling coupons. This gives you a great sense of how much you are actually saving.

All coupons listed are clipped from the Red Plum 01/28 Unilever Insert


Dove Men Body Wash 13.5oz on sale for $3.99  
  • Use (1) $1/1 Dove Men+Care Bar or Body Wash Product
  • Double coupon to $2/1
  • Final Price: $1.99
(2) Suave 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner 12.6oz priced at $1.99 each, total of $3.98
  • Use (2) $1/1 Suave Professionals Gold or Silver Hair Care Product
  • Double coupons to $2/1
  • Total coupon savings: $4
  • Final Price: BOTH ARE FREE! With a 2 cent unintended overage
(2) Suave body washes 15oz priced at $1.88 each, total of $3.78
  • Use (2) $0.75/1Suave Body Wash Product
  • Double coupons to $1.50/1
  • Total coupon savings: $3.00
  • Final Price: $0.78 - $0.38 each
Dove Advanced Care Deodorant 2.6oz on sale for $4.99
  • Use (1) $1.50 Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant Deodorant or Clinical Protection Antiperspirant Deodorant
  • Cannot be doubled
  • Final Price: $3.49
      Let's take a look at the completed transaction totals: 
Total Retail Value: $48.66
Total Store Sale/Promo Savings: $21.43
Bringing Total Down To: $27.23
Manufacture Coupon Savings: $6
Bonus Double Coupon Savings: $4.50

Total Coupon Savings: $10.50
Bringing Sub Total Down To: $16.73
Tax: $0.40
  FINAL TOTAL: $17.13
 
 I plan on updated my website and blog to help explain how I begin to plan out my trips. Keep watching to learn more about Stretching Your Dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment